Tuesday, April 15, 2008

New babies and new flock members

Sorry it has been so long since I have been posted. Between updating the site, feeding babies and making a large addition to our flock I have been quite busy.

Here is a picture of the Green Cheek Conure babies I mentioned in my last post. This photograph was taken on March 3rd.
Cronus and Rheas babies

We have added Amazons to our flock. We have gotten a pair of Lilac Crowned, Mexican Redhead, Double Yellow Headed (DYH) and Yellow Naped. I will post some pictures of them over the next few days. We have also added 4 pair of Conures. We now have new pairs of Cinnamon, Yellow Sided, Turquoise and Normal Conures. I will post some pictures of them over the next few days.

The Amazons are wonderful! I had an Amazon when I was a young girl and it broke my heart when we left Brazil and I couldn't bring him to the USA. I said I would never have another Amazon. It took 30 plus years for my broken heart to heal and some prodding from my friends to convince me to get some Amazons. I jumped in with both feet! We have set up a temporary room for the Amazons. They will be moving into a larger room in a few months. We are building an addition to our house for our Cockatiel breeders in June/July.


We have quite a few new baby Cockatiels. There are 14 in the nest boxes that are less than 3 weeks old, 18 that are weaned and ready to find forever homes, 6 that are still being weaned.

I am still working on the playpen cam. I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't get it to show on the net. I have gotten it to work on Yahoo's webcam, but for some reason I can't get it to work on the site. I will keep trying different things so that everyone can see the babies playing, growing and watch their antics.

Today the birds had broccoli and peas. They love broccoli, I am thinking about trying to grow it.

No comments: